Windows Search can be used as a fast application launcher. This video shows how to search for and launch applications, including a quick shortcut to access Windows Search.
- You can use the Windows Search tool … to quickly find and launch applications. … Click the Windows Search field in the Taskbar, … then search for the name of an application. … Usually, the application that you're looking for … will be at the top of the list … and it will be highlighted. … With your chosen application highlighted, … just press the Return key to launch it. … If you do a search and the application you want … is on the list but it's not highlighted, … just use your arrow keys to select the app that you do want, … then press the Return key. … As a shortcut, you can tap the Windows key on the keyboard, … which will open the Start menu and activate Windows Search. … Use this shortcut to go to Windows Search, … type in the name of the application that you want, … then launch it very quickly. … This is a very fast way to launch an application. … …
- Using multiple workspaces
- Increasing contrast and inverting colors
- Modifying the taskbar
- Managing files
- Removing preloaded apps and tiles
- Disabling notifications for specific apps
- Drawing a route in Maps
- Adjusting system settings
Skill Level Intermediate
1. General Interface Tips
2. Modify the Taskbar
Hide the taskbar33s
3. File Management Tips
Zip and unzip files1m 23s
4. Working with Apps
5. System Settings
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.