Windows Defender has been redesigned in the Creators Update to include additional tools for troubleshooting problems on a Windows computer. Get introduced to the new features in Windows Defender, as well as some related troubleshooting features in settings.
- [Instructor] In the Creators Update,…Windows has more tools for troubleshooting problems…that might pop up.…Some of those tools are part of…a redesign to Windows Defender.…Windows Defender is a tool that you would use…in previous versions of Windows, just to scan for viruses.…In the Creators Update, it's been built out significantly,…and now offers a hub for diagnosing…the overall health of your computer.…So, in this movie, I want to look at…the new Windows Defender…and some other tools for troubleshooting problems.…To get to Windows Defender, I'm going to go to Settings.…
So in the Start menu I'll click on the Settings button.…I want to go to the Update and Security category,…and then there is a section here for…Windows Defender and I'll click on that.…In previous versions of Windows, you would have had…a few options for Windows Defender here…that you could turn on or off, as well as a button…to launch the Windows Defender application.…Now, we only have that one button.…So I'm going to click on that, Windows Defender opens up.…
- Using Live Folders and hiding the apps list in the Start menu
- Exploring changes in settings
- Using Dynamic Lock to automatically lock a computer
- Using Windows Defender and other troubleshooting tools
- Creating 3D objects in Paint 3D
- Downloading 3D components from Remix 3D
- Managing tabs and reading books in Edge
- Measuring hand-drawn routes in Maps
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/18/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that show how to use the Focused Inbox and @mentions in Mail.