Choose the appropriate Windows Remote Management tools to manage computers remotely. You can choose from Remote Assistance, Remote Desktop, Windows PowerShell, or a Microsoft Management Console. Learn how to use a Microsoft Management Console to connect to another computer to manage it remotely.
- [Narrator] If you work in a large organization,…especially one where users are positioned…across multiple physical locations,…you'll likely be called on…to manage those computers remotely.…Even if all the computers you manage…are in a single location like an office building,…you can't always be on-site to resolve problems in person.…There are several tools available in Windows 10…for managing computers remotely.…There's remote assistance, remote desktop,…Windows PowerShell, and Microsoft Management Console.…
Remote assistance is a good option when you only need…to provide a little bit of help to an end user,…such as showing them how to open a file,…access or use a program, print to a printer,…or resolve a problem with the taskbar or desktop.…The name describes it's functionality.…You can give assistance to a user remotely.…Remote desktop is the appropriate option to choose…if an employee needs to access their workstation…from another location.…People often remote in to their computers…when they work from home.…
This course maps to the domain of Exam 70-698, Installing and Configuring Windows 10, a required exam for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA).
- Configuring and supporting network settings
- Connecting to a network and configuring network locations
- Using Windows Firewall
- Managing partitions with Disk Management
- Managing storage with PowerShell
- Creating and configuring a VHD
- Creating and configuring homegroups and folder shares
- Configuring desktop apps and startup options
- Creating and deploying provisioning packages
- Using Remote Management tools
- Configuring Remote Assistance and Remote Desktop
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Networking
2. Configure Storage
3. Configure Data Access and Usage
Troubleshoot data access5m 59s
4. Implement Apps
5. Configure Remote Management
What's next?1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.