Picture-in-Picture is a feature where a small video window can stay floating above all other windows on the screen. This feature is available for developers to add to new applications. Currently, it works in Skype and the Movies & TV application. Learn how it works in this video.
- [Instructor] In this movie, I want to talk…about the new picture in picture feature.…Which you may not interact with until more…developers start adding it to their applications.…This is a developer tool that Windows is making available.…But that only means that developers have the option…to add it to their applications.…It's a feature that lets you keep a video floating…onscreen above all other windows.…So at the time of this recording, this will…work in the movies and tv app and in Skype.…Let's see what it can do, I'm going go to the…Start menu and I want to launch the movies and tv app.…
So, I'll find it here and just click on that.…This is an application that comes bundled with Windows.…And you can use it to buy or rent tv shows or movies.…Now I have not purchased any movies or tv shows on…my account, but I can play a movie trailer.…So I'm just click on the trailer section,…I'll pick out one of these movies and it'll start…playing the trailer for that movie here.…Now I've turned the volume off just so…we're not distracted by the sound.…
- Using Live Folders and hiding the apps list in the Start menu
- Exploring changes in settings
- Using Dynamic Lock to automatically lock a computer
- Using Windows Defender and other troubleshooting tools
- Creating 3D objects in Paint 3D
- Downloading 3D components from Remix 3D
- Managing tabs and reading books in Edge
- Measuring hand-drawn routes in Maps
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/18/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that show how to use the Focused Inbox and @mentions in Mail.