My People is a feature that makes it easier to communicate with the people you contact most often. This movie will show how to set up My People, exploring how it integrates with Mail, the address book, and other applications, including Skype. We'll see how to quickly send messages within the My People tool and how notifications work.
- [Instructor] My People is a feature that makes it easier…to contact the people you communicate with most often.…It's also a convenient way to see notifications…when you receive new messages from those people.…Let's see how to get it set up.…In Windows 10 Fall Creators Update…you should see this icon on the system tray.…You can click on that and it opens up…the My People panel.…If this is the first time you're opening this up…you'll just have to hit this button that says Get Started…and we can do our initial set up.…And I'm just going to close these little tool tips…that appear here.…So we have two tabs here.…
We have People, and we have Apps.…And I want to address one possible…point of confusion here.…The term People is in reference to…the address book application in Windows…which is simply called People.…And the feature that we're talking about here…in this movie, the panel that we're in now…is called My People.…So here in My People…under Apps…I can see that I have some apps currently connected.…I have the Mail application, which of course,…
- Launching applications
- Interacting with windows, menus, and ribbons
- Multitasking to switch between multiple applications
- Switching to tablet mode
- Managing files and folders with the File Explorer
- Browsing the web with Edge
- Working with email, contacts, and calendars
- Using and installing apps
- Managing display and account settings
- Backing up Windows 10
- Troubleshooting Windows 10
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding essential folder structure, including the user folder; using shortcuts to files and folders; and creating 3D objects in Paint 3D.
1. Getting Started
2. Launching and Managing Applications
3. File Explorer: The Windows Filing Cabinet
4. Browsing the Web with Edge
5. Working with Mail, People, and Calendars
6. Using the Other Bundled Apps
7. Installing Apps and Printers
8. Essential Settings and Customization
9. Account Settings
Sign-in security options4m 3s
10. Using Cortana to Search
11. Backing Up and Restoring
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.