There are lots of bundled applications in Windows 10. This video introduces some of the more simple bundled apps including the Maps application, which you can use to search for specific locations and see them on a map and the Weather app.
- [Instructor] There are lots of small,…essential applications…that come bundled in Windows 10.…Some of them have some depth and rich features,…but you can also get started…with basic functions in these applications really quickly.…So, let's go through a brief introduction…of some of these bundled apps.…One app that I use a lot is Maps,…so I'll go into the Start Menu…into the list of all applications…and I'll launch Maps from here.…And I think this is going to be easier…if we switch this into the full screen mode.…Now, the first time you launch Maps…it may ask for permission to access your location,…and you can also manually change that setting…in the App Privacy section of Windows Settings.…
Assuming that permission is enabled,…the first thing that I usually do…is find my current location on the map.…So, using this little panel with tools…over here near the right side,…this button here will locate my current location.…So, I can see where I am on the map.…Not all computers can find their current location,…but if you're connected to a WiFi network…
- Launching applications
- Interacting with windows, menus, and ribbons
- Multitasking to switch between multiple applications
- Switching to tablet mode
- Managing files and folders with the File Explorer
- Browsing the web with Edge
- Working with email, contacts, and calendars
- Using and installing apps
- Managing display and account settings
- Backing up Windows 10
- Troubleshooting Windows 10
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Launching and Managing Applications
3. File Explorer: The Windows Filing Cabinet
4. Browsing the Web with Edge
5. Working with Mail, People, and Calendars
6. Using the Other Bundled Apps
7. Installing Apps and Printers
8. Essential Settings and Customization
9. Account Settings
Sign-in security options4m 3s
10. Using Cortana to Search
11. Backing Up and Restoring
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.