Hue, Saturation, and Lightness (HSL) is another way to think about colors in an RGB color space. See how to switch the Visual Studio Property window to use the HSL and CMKY color formats.
- [Narrator] One of the features I really like…about the Color Editor, or the Brush Editor…in VisualStudio, is that you don't have…to think about the red, green and blue…channels individually, you can just…pick the colors from the designer surface.…If I want a purple color, I choose my Element,…find my purple range here…and then move my mouse around this section.…And you see that it's generating…the red, green and blue and the hexadecimal…representation of that.…And this is great, if you've ever tried to…set a color using just the RGB channels,…you know how hard it can be…to nudge the color the direction you want.…
But here it's easy.…This is picking my hue,…this is picking desaturated values…and more saturated colors.…If you like to think in terms of hues,…saturation and lightness, you should know that…VisualStudio supports alternate representations…of the RGB space.…It's not obvious where they are though.…The way you bring up the choices…of the different color representation…is by right-clicking on one of these letters here,…
- Working with brushes
- Painting properties
- Painting in code
- Working with RGB channels
- Using hexadecimal values
- Setting opacity and transparency
- Editing color in the Visual Studio Color Editor
- Using gradient brushes
- Decorating with tiled brushes
- Adding brushes and colors to resources
- Working with opacity masks
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows Presentation Foundation: 2 Layoutwith Walt Ritscher2h 13m Intermediate
1. Brush and Color Overview
3. The Visual Studio Color Editor
4. The Gradient Brushes
5. The Tiled Brushes
6. Brushes and Colors in Resources
7. Opacity Mask
Examples of opacity patterns6m 47s
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.