Learn how to set up Dynamic Lock, a feature that automatically locks your computer when you walk away. It requires you to pair your smartphone to the computer through Bluetooth. Then when you carry your phone away from the computer, it locks.
- [Instructor] Dynamic Lock is a new feature…that can automatically lock the computer…when you walk away from it,…requiring you to type in your account password…to unlock it again.…The way it does this is by pairing…a Bluetooth device that you carry with you,…generally your smartphone.…If you assume that you will always…take your phone with you when you walk…away from your computer, the computer will sense…when your phone is out of range,…and automatically lock.…So to set this up, I'll start by going into Settings,…so I can go into the Start menu to the gear button…which of course takes me over to Settings.…
Then I want to go into the Accounts category,…and I want to go into Sign-in options.…Scrolling down a bit we'll find the Dynamic lock feature.…It's just a checkbox so you can turn it on or off.…But for the moment when I click on this, nothing happens.…This option is not available to me now…and that's because I don't have an eligible…Bluetooth device paired with my computer yet.…So, I'm going to pair my iPhone.…
- Using Live Folders and hiding the apps list in the Start menu
- Exploring changes in settings
- Using Dynamic Lock to automatically lock a computer
- Using Windows Defender and other troubleshooting tools
- Creating 3D objects in Paint 3D
- Downloading 3D components from Remix 3D
- Managing tabs and reading books in Edge
- Measuring hand-drawn routes in Maps
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/18/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that show how to use the Focused Inbox and @mentions in Mail.