Open Device Manager from the Run dialog box and add it into a Microsoft Management console. interpret data from Device Manager including driver details. Explore advanced options for hardware and configure them appropriately, such as allowing or not allowing a network card to wake your computer. Explore advanced properties for a DVD drive and change the DVD region, which controls which discs can be played on a particular drive.
- [Instructor] You can use Device Manager…to uninstall drivers,…roll back drivers that didn't work,…and disable devices.…You can do a lot more too,…including exploring advanced options…that let you better control how…a driver and its device works.…One way to open Device Manager is to…right-click the Start button and select…Device Manager from the list that appears.…But you can also type devmgmt.msc…in the Search box or at a command prompt.…
With Device Manager open, you can access…the Properties window for most of the devices…installed on your computer.…Not all entries here will have the…same number of tabs though.…Devices that aren't very complex, like mice,…will only have a handful of tabs.…This dialog box shows General,…Driver, Details, and Events.…But devices like network adapters…will have more tabs.…Let's double-click a network adapter…to see a few of those.…
They include General, Advanced, Driver, Details,…Events, Resources, and Power Management.…Click the Events tab, and notice what's offered.…Here, we have a device install requested…
Note: The course also maps to the third part of MCSA exam 70-698, Installing and Configuring Windows 10. Taking this course will prepare you for objectives in the Manage and Maintain Windows domain of the test.
- Configuring Windows Update
- Updating Windows apps
- Reviewing event logs
- Using Resource Monitor and Performance Monitor
- Managing security with Windows Defender
- Creating a recovery drive
- Restoring and recovering files
- Recovering the OS with Windows Recovery
- Configuring authorization and authentication
- Securing Windows 10 with passwords
- Joining workgroups and domains
- Creating and using accounts
- Automating tasks with PowerShell
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Updates
2. Monitor Windows
3. Configure System and Data Recovery
4. Configure Authorization and Authentication
5. Configure Advanced
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.