Learn five techniques for restricting the use of removable USB media.
- View Offline
- [Instructor] Previously I demonstrated…how to use the Windows registry to disable…or enable your USB storage ports.…In this movie I demonstrate how to use…the Device Manager to secure your USB storage drives.…Here in the manager, scroll down to the USB,…or Universal Serial Bus controllers section,…open that up, now your section here…may look different than mine,…you might have fewer or more options here,…but search for the USB Mass Storage Device setting here…and right click on it, and all you're going to do…is select Disable, Disabling this device will cause it…to stop functioning, which is what you want,…you don't want people using USB storage devices…to interfere with your security,…so go ahead and if you're sure that you have…the right option here, click Yes, and there you go.…
Notice that Windows says USB Mass Storage Device…is now disabled, the icon is different.…To re-enable it, all you do is right click on it again,…and this time you have an Enable option,…select that option, and Windows will refresh,…
- Enabling disk write caching
- Creating spanned and striped volumes
- Configuring Storage Spaces
- Configuring OneDrive
- Enabling USB drives
- Clearing caches
- Fixing drives
- Troubleshooting OneDrive
- Encrypting files with EFS
- Encrypting volumes and drives with BitLocker
- Configuring share permissions
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Storage
2. Troubleshoot Storage Issues
3. Configure Encryption
4. Configure Share Permissions
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.