- [Instructor] The Calendar application…is a pretty important tool for day-to-day work.…Let's dive in and take a look.…I'll just go into the Start menu,…find the calendar and launch it from here.…Of course, the same accounts that I had setup…in the Mail application, are also linked here.…If I look over here on the sidebar on the left,…I can see my Outlook account listed.…I'll scroll down a bit…and I can also see my Gmail account listed.…But, just be aware, not every type of account…will synchronize with the Calendar…and the People applications.…It's certainly possible to set up an account…and see it in Mail, but not see it here in the calendar.…
I want to take a quick look at my settings,…so I'm going to click on the little gear button here.…I want to go to Manage Accounts.…From here, I could go through the process…of setting up and linking another account,…just hit Add account and go through that.…For now, I'm just going to hit Close…and look at what we've got here.…Since I already set up an Outlook account…and a Gmail account over in Mail,…
- Launching applications
- Interacting with windows, menus, and ribbons
- Multitasking to switch between multiple applications
- Switching to tablet mode
- Managing files and folders with the File Explorer
- Browsing the web with Edge
- Working with email, contacts, and calendars
- Using and installing apps
- Managing display and account settings
- Backing up Windows 10
- Troubleshooting Windows 10
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding essential folder structure, including the user folder; using shortcuts to files and folders; and creating 3D objects in Paint 3D.
1. Getting Started
2. Launching and Managing Applications
3. File Explorer: The Windows Filing Cabinet
4. Browsing the Web with Edge
5. Working with Mail, People, and Calendars
6. Using the Other Bundled Apps
7. Installing Apps and Printers
8. Essential Settings and Customization
9. Account Settings
Sign-in security options4m 3s
10. Using Cortana to Search
11. Backing Up and Restoring
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.