Windows 10 used to be available as a free update to Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 from Windows Update inside those operating systems, but that offer has expired. If you are trying to install Windows 10 as an upgrade, you’ll have to visit the Microsoft Store and purchase it.
- [Instructor] If you're running Windows 7, 8,…or Windows 8.1, you might have heard…about a free upgrade to Windows 10 via Windows Update.…That offer is no longer available.…With the offer gone,…the option to upgrade using Windows Update is gone too.…If you're ready to update though, you certainly can,…as long as you're willing to purchase Windows 10.…Before starting though,…verify that your current OS is activated…and that you have a valid copy of Windows.…You can do this in Control Panel.…On a Windows 8 machine, you can click the Start button…and type "control panel" and click it in the results.…
Notice I've changed my View by from Category to Large Icons.…And from here, I'll click System.…At the bottom of this page where it says Windows activation,…you can see that Windows is activated.…Now open Windows Update on your computer…and check for updates.…Again, on a Windows 8.1 machine,…we can do this from the Start screen.…I'll click Check for updates,…but I won't wait while the process completes.…You'll want to click Check now just to be sure.…
- Choosing an upgrade or new installation
- Choosing a Windows 10 edition
- Creating installation media
- Installing Windows 10
- Upgrading Windows 10
- Configuring and managing device drivers
- Configuring the desktop
- Configuring notifications
- Configuring Cortana and Hyper-V
- Provisioning with Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer
- Using Active Directory-based activation
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Prepare for Installation
2. Perform the Installation
3. Configure and Manage Device Drivers
4. Perform Post Installation Tasks
5. Explore Enterprise Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.