Windows 10 used to be available as a free update to Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 from Windows Update inside those operating systems, but that offer has expired. If you are trying to install Windows 10 as an upgrade, you have to visit the Microsoft Store and purchase it.
- [Instructor] If you're running Windows 7, 8, … or Windows 8.1, you might have heard about … a free update to Windows 10 via Windows Update. … That offer is no longer available. … With the offer gone, the option to upgrade … using Windows Update is gone too. … If you're ready to update though, … you certainly can, as long as you're willing … to purchase Windows 10. … Before starting though, verify that your current OS … is activated, and you have a valid copy of Windows. … You can do this in Control Panel. … On a Windows 8 machine, you can click the Start button, … and type Control Panel, and click it in the results. … Notice I've changed my view by, from Category … to Large Icons. … And from here, I'll click System. … At the bottom of this page, … where it says Windows Activation, … you can see that Windows is activated. … Now open Windows Update on your computer, … and check for updates. … Again, on the Windows 8.1 machine, … we can do this from the Start screen. … I'll click Check for Updates. …
- Choosing an upgrade or new installation
- Choosing a Windows 10 edition
- Creating installation media
- Installing and upgrading Windows 10
- Troubleshooting group policies on devices
- Configuring and managing device drivers
- Configuring the desktop
- Configuring notifications
- Configuring Cortana and Hyper-V
- Using Active Directory-based activation
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10: Configure and Support Core Serviceswith Joli Ballew2h 56m Intermediate
Windows 10: Manage and Maintain Windows 10with Joli Ballew2h 29m Intermediate
Setting up Windows1m 28s
1. Prepare for Installation
2. Perform the Installation
3. Configure Devices by Using Local Policies
4. Configure and Manage Device Drivers
5. Perform Post Installation Tasks
6. Explore Enterprise Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.