Resolve weird printing issues by installing or updating the printer driver, check for new printer drivers, and uninstall a printer to update the driver in this video.
- (Instructor) When you attach a printer to your PC,…what you're really adding is software in Windows…that controls the printer.…This software is generically referred to…as a printer driver.…A bad printer driver can lead to endless woe,…from a printer that just doesn't print,…one that's chronically unavailable,…or a printer that outputs gibberish.…The solution is to reinstall the printer driver.…Unlike reinstalling other hardware drivers,…reinstalling a printer driver…involves removing its presence from the PC.…You then reinstall the printer,…choosing whether to use the existing driver…or to fetch a new one.…
To disassociate the printer, press the Windows+I…keyboard shortcut to bring up the settings app,…choose devices, printers and scanners.…Select the problem printer and choose remove device.…Am I sure?…Yes.…Now if the printer you removed was the default,…Windows will reassign a default printer.…Now don't worry, you can re-reassign…the default printer later.…Now to add the printer back, you can choose…to add printer or scanner, and if the printer was attached…
- Diagnosing the causes of PC issues
- Troubleshooting hardware and software
- Performing startup and system restore steps
- Accessing the Task Manager
- Using the Registry Editor
- Fixing Windows
- Checking and freeing storage
- Fixing common printer issues
- Troubleshooting audio
- Restoring network connectivity
Skill Level Beginner
What you should know1m 3s
1. PC Trouble
2. Startup and Shutdown Issues
3. Problems and Solutions: Windows
4. Problems and Solutions: Mass Storage
5. Problems and Solutions: Printer
6. Problems and Solutions: Monitors and Graphics
Troubleshooting the monitor3m 54s
7. Problems and Solutions: Peripherals
8. Problems and Solutions: Networking
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.