Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Updating Windows from other sources, part of Windows 10: Tips and Tricks.
- With Windows 10 Microsoft will continue…to send updates that you'll need to install.…There's a new feature though here in Windows 10…I think you're going to like…and that's why I've included it…in my top 10 tips and tricks.…It's going to allow you to get updates from other sources.…Most people these days have more than one computer,…more than one Windows PC,…and when an update comes along…you can now choose to get those updates…not just from Microsoft over the internet,…but from other sources.…Let me show you what I'm talking about.…We'll go down to the Windows Start button,…click there,…and then select Settings.…
Next we'll click Update & Security,…and with Windows Update selected up here…on the top left hand corner,…we'll go to Advanced Options,…and Choose how updates are delivered,…this is the new feature.…Now Windows will download automatically…and update your computer if you have it set up that way,…but if you have more than one computer in your environment…notice down below that we can choose to get updates…
- Customizing the startup environment
- Running multiple virtual desktops
- Saving files to PDF
- Locking your screen
- Enabling "God mode"
- Configuring automatic app updates
- Enabling Tablet mode on a PC
- Fine-tuning power settings
- Working with time-saving apps, tools, and utilities
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Top 10
2. Keyboard Shortcuts
3. Efficiency Tips
4. Display Tips
5. Performance Tips
6. Useful Apps, Tools, and Utilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.