Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Updating Windows 10, part of Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Let's take a quick look at updating.…Microsoft is constantly fixing problems…and making improvements to Windows…and making those changes available as updates.…Updating is not the same as upgrading…from Windows 8 to Windows 10.…Updates are smaller changes,…but they keep your system secure…and up-to-date and, of course,…updates are free.…To get to your update settings,…we'll go into the system settings…by going to the Start Menu,…to the Settings button,…then to the category for Update and Security,…and I want to make sure I'm on this first section here…on the left, labeled Windows Update.…
This page is going to show you any updates…that are currently available.…If there are any updates that have not yet been installed…but they are ready to install,…you'll see them listed here on this page.…If you see some updates available,…then you will also see a button to install them now,…which you can do if you want,…so you can manually start those installations.…It will take a bit of time,…depending on those updates,…
- Launching applications
- Interacting with windows, menus, and ribbons
- Multitasking to switch between multiple applications
- Switching to tablet mode
- Managing files and folders with the File Explorer
- Browsing the web with Edge
- Working with email, contacts, and calendars
- Using and installing apps
- Managing display and account settings
- Backing up Windows 10
- Troubleshooting Windows 10
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding essential folder structure, including the user folder; using shortcuts to files and folders; and creating 3D objects in Paint 3D.
1. Getting Started
2. Launching and Managing Applications
3. File Explorer: The Windows Filing Cabinet
4. Browsing the Web with Edge
5. Working with Mail, People, and Calendars
6. Using the Other Bundled Apps
7. Installing Apps and Printers
8. Essential Settings and Customization
9. Account Settings
Sign-in security options4m 3s
10. Using Cortana to Search
11. Backing Up and Restoring
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.