Understand how Windows updates Windows store apps and why you need to perform store updates. Explore Group Policies for update preferences. Learn how to uninstall and reinstall a Windows store app, should the app become problematic.
- [Instructor] The Windows Store is where you…acquire new apps.…You can open the store by clicking Start, and clicking…the store tile, or you can search for it on the task bar.…There's also a store icon here.…I'll click the tile.…You can see here that I'm logged on with my…Microsoft account, because you can see my profile picture.…You'll need to be logged on like this to get…apps from the store.…Don't worry if you're not though, you'll be prompted.…The store is also where app updates originate.…Manufacturers provide updates to fix bugs, add features,…add additional information, and improve functionality.…
App updates might also include security features to fix…issues uncovered after the app's release.…By default, apps are updated automatically in Windows 10.…You can manually check for updates by clicking your…user account picture, then click Downloads and Updates.…Now, just click Check for Updates.…There are a lot of available updates here.…I could click Update All if I were ready to install,…but I'm going to pause for now, and just keep talking.…
Note: The course also maps to the third part of MCSA exam 70-698, Installing and Configuring Windows 10. Taking this course will prepare you for objectives in the Manage and Maintain Windows domain of the test.
- Configuring Windows Update
- Updating Windows apps
- Reviewing event logs
- Using Resource Monitor and Performance Monitor
- Managing security with Windows Defender
- Creating a recovery drive
- Restoring and recovering files
- Recovering the OS with Windows Recovery
- Configuring authorization and authentication
- Securing Windows 10 with passwords
- Joining workgroups and domains
- Creating and using accounts
- Automating tasks with PowerShell
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Updates
2. Monitor Windows
3. Configure System and Data Recovery
4. Configure Authorization and Authentication
5. Configure Advanced
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.