At some point, you may want to completely remove an application from your computer. That is called "uninstalling." There are a few ways to go about uninstalling software and the process you use depends on the type of software you're working with. This video shows all the options for uninstalling applications.
- [Instructor] At some point, you're probably going…to want to remove some applications that you've installed.…So let's look at the process of uninstalling applications.…I'll start by going into the start menu…to my list of all applications,…and I want to find an app that I've recently installed.…Let's use Facebook as an example.…This is something that I installed from…the Windows App Store.…So one way to easily uninstall an app is…to right click on it, here in the list of all apps…in the start menu, and you see there's an…option here for uninstall.…
All I need to do is choose that option,…confirm that I do want to uninstall this,…and after a moment, it's been removed from my computer.…So that was pretty easy, but keep in mind…Facebook was installed from the Windows App Store.…Now let's take a look at something that was not…installed on the Windows App Store.…Something like Google Chrome, which I installed…by going to the website, downloading the installer,…and installing it from there.…I can right click on this, and I do still see…
- Launching applications
- Interacting with windows, menus, and ribbons
- Multitasking to switch between multiple applications
- Switching to tablet mode
- Managing files and folders with the File Explorer
- Browsing the web with Edge
- Working with email, contacts, and calendars
- Using and installing apps
- Managing display and account settings
- Backing up Windows 10
- Troubleshooting Windows 10
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding essential folder structure, including the user folder; using shortcuts to files and folders; and creating 3D objects in Paint 3D.
1. Getting Started
2. Launching and Managing Applications
3. File Explorer: The Windows Filing Cabinet
4. Browsing the Web with Edge
5. Working with Mail, People, and Calendars
6. Using the Other Bundled Apps
7. Installing Apps and Printers
8. Essential Settings and Customization
9. Account Settings
Sign-in security options4m 3s
10. Using Cortana to Search
11. Backing Up and Restoring
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.