Troubleshoot issues that cause Windows to unexpectedly stop or restart, including the blue screen of death.
- [Instructor] Sometimes all that you'll see on a PC when it…tries to boot is a black screen.…Usually, no error warning or, if there is one, the message…will quickly disappear.…What could be happening?…Windows 10 can use the GUID Partition Table…as a boot record.…If the GPT is damaged, then this can result…in a black screen, which indicates the boot is failing…early on in the process.…To resolve black screen boot processes, you can try to boot…it to Safe Mode and use the advanced options to troubleshoot…the issue further.…
We'll see how to do this in a later video.…The blue screen of death can occur during normal Windows…operation, that is after boot-up or during…the boot-up process itself.…The main culprit is likely to be a device driver conflict…or a Windows update issue.…With Windows 10, whenever a blue screen appears, you are now…given an error code which can help to resolve the issue.…There are a couple of things to check to resolve…blue screen issues.…These include, is there plenty of free space…on the system disk?…
- Enterprise desktop support skills and traits
- Remote troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting hardware and device issues
- Using System Restore
- Securing user accounts
- Resolving networking issues
- Managing files and disks
- Troubleshooting sharing and file access issues
- Resolving app compatibility
- System resource issues: RAM, CPU, and more
- Essential Windows 10 maintenance
- Windows 10 startup issues
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing Enterprise Desktop Support
2. Remotely Troubleshooting Windows 10
3. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Hardware
4. Troubleshooting Users, Network, Disks, and Resources
5. Exploring App Compatibility Problems
6. Exploring System Resource Issues
7. Keeping Windows 10 Running: Essential Maintenance
8. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Startup Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.