The login account on your computer establishes the name and password that you use to sign into your computer. This affects many things on your computer. It's also possible to have multiple user accounts. It's important to learn how user accounts work early so you can get them set up right.
- [Instructor] If you are setting up a Window's…computer for the very first time, you should decide…what type of user account you will use to sign into…that computer.…You will need some user account,…a user name and a password which you will use…to sign into your computer.…Of course, if you've already had the computer for a while,…you already have a user account.…So first, what is this user account all about?…Well, on one hand, it's the security barrier…for your computer.…Nobody can use your computer without your account password.…
Another reason for accounts is that you can set up…multiple accounts on the same computer.…So, if you share a computer with somebody,…you can each sign in with your own name and password…when you use the computer and all of your files…and configurations will stay separate.…Most people have only one user account on their…computer, but multiple accounts are a good option to have.…So you need to have an account with a name and a password…to use your computer.…But the real question is this, you have to decide…
- Launching applications
- Interacting with windows, menus, and ribbons
- Multitasking to switch between multiple applications
- Switching to tablet mode
- Managing files and folders with the File Explorer
- Browsing the web with Edge
- Working with email, contacts, and calendars
- Using and installing apps
- Managing display and account settings
- Backing up Windows 10
- Troubleshooting Windows 10
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding essential folder structure, including the user folder; using shortcuts to files and folders; and creating 3D objects in Paint 3D.
1. Getting Started
2. Launching and Managing Applications
3. File Explorer: The Windows Filing Cabinet
4. Browsing the Web with Edge
5. Working with Mail, People, and Calendars
6. Using the Other Bundled Apps
7. Installing Apps and Printers
8. Essential Settings and Customization
9. Account Settings
Sign-in security options4m 3s
10. Using Cortana to Search
11. Backing Up and Restoring
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.