The File Explorer window is the core to your file management system. Understanding and customizing it will give you the ease of use you need to give you a more efficient user experience. In this course, you will learn how to use and customize the File Explorer, including the Ribbon, Quick Access, and This PC, and get a broad overview of file management in general.
- [Instructor] Windows File Explorer is the gateway…to all of your computer's files and folders.…In the next two videos we're going to cover…how to navigate the file explorer,…how to create folders, changing your view options,…customize the interface, and more.…Let's start by clicking on the…file explorer icon on the taskbar.…By default, it opens up to the section called, This PC,…which shows all of your main folders…including your documents, pictures, et cetera.…Let's begin by exploring the folder pane…on the left side of the window.…The folder pane consists of the Quick access section,…which is a customizable group…that allows me to add my most used folders.…
Below is the This PC window,…which is the one that we are currently looking at.…Which shows all of your different folders,…different devices, and also network locations.…On the top of the window we have a set of tabs…known as the ribbon.…The ribbon consists of a series of options…to help me better navigate through my files and folders.…While going through each and every option on the ribbon…
Technology trainer David Casuto explains basic Windows conventions, and explores how to best resize and manage windows, change the way your mouse behaves, and customize the desktop, including the taskbar and Start menu. Need help finding files and applications? Learn how to search more effectively using the File Explorer and Cortana, Microsoft's digital assistant. If you have visual or audio impairments, Window's accessibility features are a great tool. Learn how to use the Ease of Access options (like the Magnifier and closed captioning) to make Windows more user friendly. Last but not least, David shows how to save time with some helpful keyboard shortcuts. Windows is a powerful platform; with these tips, you'll find it even easier to use.
- Personalizing your desktop
- Managing windows
- Changing mouse properties
- Searching for files, folders, and apps
- Using the File Explorer
- Using accessibility features
- Using keyboard shortcuts