This video provides a detailed review of the how to secure data with Share Permissions and NTFS permissions.
- [Narrator] Before we get deeper…into working with permissions in Windows 10,…let me give you some background…to help you better understand permissions.…Permissions are simply a method of securing data…by assigning access rights to specific user accounts…and user groups.…Through the use of permissions,…Windows controls which user accounts and user groups…can access which files and folders,…and also what they can do with them.…Essentially, permissions are Windows' way…of telling a user what they can or cannot do…with a file or folder.…
To see the permissions of a Windows folder,…simply right click on it in the file explorer,…choose Properties, and then Security.…This will show you which group has which rights,…or permissions, down here below.…You can edit those permissions…by simply clicking on the Edit button,…and then I'll be going through all of this in detail…in a section of the course.…Now there are some special accounts available in Windows.…Let me review those now.…
You may or may not see them here…under the group or user names,…
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the Microsoft exam 70-697: Configuring Windows Devices.
- Enabling disk write caching
- Creating spanned and striped volumes
- Configuring Storage Spaces
- Configuring OneDrive
- Enabling USB drives
- Clearing caches
- Fixing drives
- Troubleshooting OneDrive
- Encrypting files with EFS
- Encrypting volumes and drives with BitLocker
- Configuring share permissions
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Storage
2. Troubleshoot Storage Issues
3. Configure Encryption
4. Configure Share Permissions
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.