Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Understand Windows 10 S and other versions of Windows, part of Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Essential Training.
- [Instructor] In addition to different versions, Windows 10 is made in a few different editions. These are different types of Windows configurations for different types of users. Each version of Windows is released in multiple editions. The Fall Creators update, for example, has three editions, Windows 10 Home, Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10S. The differences between these editions do not significantly affect the content of this training course. You can use this course for all three.
But there are some important variables to consider, especially if you're using Windows 10S. First we should identify which edition you have. For that we'll go into the Start menu by clicking on the Start button on the bottom left. Then we'll go to Settings, by clicking on the Settings button here. Then we'll go to the System section. Down here in the left side we'll go to About. Scroll down a bit here and you can see that the edition I'm using is Windows 10 Home.
If you have Windows 10 Home or Pro, this course will work for you 100 percent. There is one place where I mention a difference between the two, but it's such a small difference, and I'll point it out when the times comes. Windows 10S, however, is a special edition of Windows designed for extra security. Windows 10S will not allow you to install new software that you download from the Web or install from a disk or installation drive. You can only install software from the Windows App Store on Windows 10S.
With that in mind, this course is definitely valid for Windows 10S users, but when you come to the chapter on installing new software, the movie about installing applications from the Web or an Install drive, will simply not be valid for you. So I'd like to welcome all users of Windows 10 Fall Creators Update to this course. It's good to know which edition you have, but except for what I just mentioned for Windows 10S users, this course will be completely valid for all users of the Fall Creators Update version of Windows 10.
- Launching applications
- Interacting with windows, menus, and ribbons
- Multitasking to switch between multiple applications
- Switching to tablet mode
- Managing files and folders with the File Explorer
- Browsing the web with Edge
- Working with email, contacts, and calendars
- Using and installing apps
- Managing display and account settings
- Backing up Windows 10
- Troubleshooting Windows 10
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Launching and Managing Applications
3. File Explorer: The Windows Filing Cabinet
4. Browsing the Web with Edge
5. Working with Mail, People, and Calendars
6. Using the Other Bundled Apps
7. Installing Apps and Printers
8. Essential Settings and Customization
9. Account Settings
Sign-in security options4m 3s
10. Using Cortana to Search
11. Backing Up and Restoring
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.