Explore maintaining the application of user settings, including Group Policy and profiles.
- [Instructor] Depending on…how a user account has been created,…permissions or settings issues can cause problems.…You need to understand…and know how to resolve issues related…to the application of user settings.…The first account created during the installation…of a Windows 10 machine will be an administrator account.…Typically, you'll then need to create additional accounts,…and if the PC is gonna be joined to a domain…you'll potentially disable or delete the local accounts.…In nearly all scenarios,…each user will use their own personal account to log in.…
Each user account will then…have permissions assigned to them,…which can be used to control the actions…that the user can perform.…One scenario where this would be different…is if you had a machine used in a kiosk environment.…Then you'd probably use the user account…specially curated to be used just with that resource.…This usually can cause problems that include…user profiles, user permissions and rights,…access control lists, user account control settings,…
- Troubleshooting startup issues
- Using Windows 10 Safe Mode
- Creating a new BitLocker password
- Resolving a slow-running computer
- Managing device driver issues
- Fixing an incompatible application using a shim
- Troubleshooting computers remotely
- Troubleshooting network and remote connectivity
- Troubleshooting a VPN connection
- Migrating to a mobile device management solution
- Resolving sign-in issues
Skill Level Advanced
Windows 10 for IT Pros Essential Trainingwith Brien Posey2h 53m Intermediate
Windows 10: Provision and Manage Mobile Deviceswith Brien Posey1h 39m Intermediate
1. Troubleshooting Startup Issues
2. Troubleshooting BitLocker
3. Troubleshooting Hardware Devices and Software
4. Troubleshooting Computers Remotely
5. Troubleshooting Network and Remote Connectivity
6. Troubleshooting VPN Connections
7. Troubleshooting Group Policy and MDM Issues
8. Troubleshooting User Sign-On Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.