In this video, learn how to follow many clues, to hunt down audio issues, from connections, to various volume settings, and multiple input and output controls.
- View Offline
- [Teacher] In Windows you can…quickly test the speakers by clicking…the volume notification.…Use the gizmo to set overall system volume,…but keep in mind that the speakers…or your headphones may have additional volume controls.…To set more sound software options,…right click the volume notification.…Choose Playback Devices to see the…hardware outputs available on your PC.…The one with a green check mark is the default.…Select that item and click the Configure button.…Click the Test button to ensure…that the left and right speakers…or your headphones are working.…
You can click an individual speaker to test it.…To set recording devices, click the Recording tab.…The current microphone input…is flagged with a green check mark.…Choose that item and click Configure…to set the microphone volume and input levels…similar to what was shown for selecting…the sound output levels.…When you experience audio trouble,…right click the volume notification…and choose Troubleshoot Sound Problems.…Windows runs a sound troubleshooter…
- Diagnosing the causes of PC issues
- Troubleshooting hardware and software
- Performing startup and system restore steps
- Accessing the Task Manager
- Using the Registry Editor
- Fixing Windows
- Maintaining storage drives
- Restoring network connectivity
Skill Level Beginner
1. PC Trouble
2. Startup and Shutdown Issues
3. Problems and Solutions: Windows
4. Problems and Solutions: Mass Storage
5. Problems and Solutions: Printer
6. Problems and Solutions: Monitors and Graphics
Troubleshooting the monitor3m 54s
7. Problems and Solutions: Peripherals
8. Problems and Solutions: Networking
Checking network software2m 59s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.