Learn how to troubleshoot VPN connectivity Issues, including common errors, ports, encryption level, and certificate failures.
- [Instructor] When using virtual private networks,…some problems can occur.…These can be at the server end, the client end,…or they can be related to the tunneling aspect of the VPN.…You may also encounter issues when trying…to establish a connection, and this can be made worse…if you're setting up the VPN remotely…and don't have physical access to both computers.…Normally, when I create a VPN,…I have the client PC in front of me…and I follow a step-by-step set…of written configuration instructions.…
Some of the most common problems encountered…with VPNs are the VPN tunnel cannot be established,…the VPN connection is rejected by the distant server,…you're presented with certificate failures or issues,…you encounter encryption-level problems,…issues with firewall ports,…or there may be device policies and permission issues.…Let's take a look at each of these issues…and how best to resolve them.…There are times when you cannot establish a VPN…between the client and server.…
Sometimes these issues can be caused…by the use of proxy servers.…
- Troubleshooting startup issues
- Using Windows 10 Safe Mode
- Creating a new BitLocker password
- Resolving a slow-running computer
- Managing device driver issues
- Fixing an incompatible application using a shim
- Troubleshooting computers remotely
- Troubleshooting network and remote connectivity
- Troubleshooting a VPN connection
- Migrating to a mobile device management solution
- Resolving sign-in issues
Skill Level Advanced
Windows 10 for IT Pros Essential Trainingwith Brien Posey2h 53m Intermediate
Windows 10: Provision and Manage Mobile Deviceswith Brien Posey1h 39m Intermediate
1. Troubleshooting Startup Issues
2. Troubleshooting BitLocker
3. Troubleshooting Hardware Devices and Software
4. Troubleshooting Computers Remotely
5. Troubleshooting Network and Remote Connectivity
6. Troubleshooting VPN Connections
7. Troubleshooting Group Policy and MDM Issues
8. Troubleshooting User Sign-On Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.