- Diagnosing the causes of PC issues
- Troubleshooting hardware and software
- Performing startup and system restore steps
- Accessing the Task Manager
- Using the Registry Editor
- Fixing Windows
- Checking and freeing storage
- Fixing common printer issues
- Troubleshooting audio
- Restoring network connectivity
Skill Level Beginner
- Hello, I'm Dan Gookin. Welcome to Troubleshoot Common PC Issues. This course provides you with knowledge about your computer, specifically, what can go wrong and how to address it. And if you've been using a PC for any length of time, you know that things can and do go wrong. Often more frequently than you like. The good news is that many computer problems can be quickly and easily addressed. Even when you don't know a lot about computer hardware or software. This course presents a philosophical approach to hunting down PC problems and providing practical solutions.
I'm not going to list everything, because with all the combinations of hardware and software, the potential for things to go wrong is just too vast to list them all. Therefore, my approach is to describe how things work and which tools you can use to help resolve issues. As you'll discover, Windows is bursting with helpful utilities, some of which you probably know about and others that will surprise you. My goal is to help you become more computer savvy and to understand why things go wrong and how to address the problem in a straightforward, non-frustrating manner.
That's correct, on your own, you can troubleshoot your own computer, fix problems, and return to do whatever marvelous thing it is that you do with your PC. Now together, let's troubleshoot common PC issues.