Explore tools you can use to troubleshoot storage and storage devices. There are traditional tools including Disk Cleanup, Disk Quotas, and Disk Defragmenter. You can also check a hard disk for errors with its disk sectors. But there are additional options in Disk Management, including formatting a replacement disk, changing a drive letter, and extending or shrinking a volume, when a need arises to do so.
- [Instructor] All kinds of problems can occur…with physical hard drives.…The files on them can become fragmented,…the drive can become full or slow,…and a drive can simply get old and fail.…Disks can have physical errors that make it impossible…to write to specific sectors on it as well.…Tools exist that help you…to locate and resolve these issues.…You can view the disks on your computer from File Explorer.…Problems often arise because a disk becomes full.…It's very easy to delete files from it…that you no longer want or need.…
I'll delete a few big videos to show you how it's done.…I'll click the first movie, hold the shift key down,…and select the last, and then I'm ready to delete.…I'll click the delete button here.…After you've deleted any unwanted data…that you can access easily, like videos, music,…documents and photos, you can use Disk Cleanup to delete…unnecessary files that you might not otherwise…have easy access to, like temporary files…and application setup files.…Let's open Disk Cleanup, and I'll show you.…
This course maps to the domain of Exam 70-698, Installing and Configuring Windows 10, a required exam for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA).
- Configuring and supporting network settings
- Connecting to a network and configuring network locations
- Using Windows Firewall
- Managing partitions with Disk Management
- Managing storage with PowerShell
- Creating and configuring a VHD
- Creating and configuring homegroups and folder shares
- Configuring desktop apps and startup options
- Creating and deploying provisioning packages
- Using Remote Management tools
- Configuring Remote Assistance and Remote Desktop
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Networking
2. Configure Storage
3. Configure Data Access and Usage
Troubleshoot data access5m 59s
4. Implement Apps
5. Configure Remote Management
What's next?1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.