Review managing Windows Services including restarting, action on failure, and dependencies.
- [Instructor] Some apps, known as services,…run in the background.…These are not intended for use by end users.…In fact, they do not even have a user interface.…Background services seldom require our interaction…and perform core operating system tasks, such as collecting…log data, spooling documents to a printer…and error reporting.…Occasionally, a service may stop and…may need to be restarted.…Let's take a look at how to manage Windows services…and what actions you may need to take if a service fails.…
Whenever a service stops or hangs, then the task that…it should be carrying out will also stop being performed.…When a service stops, this may not be immediately obvious.…For example, log data collecting.…Others will stop the users from working.…For example, if they're printer spooler service stops…or hangs, then the user won't be able to print…until the service is running again.…If you suspect a service has stopped, then you can…investigate and manually restart it.…
On a Windows system, several services…are often interconnected.…
- Enterprise desktop support skills and traits
- Remote troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting hardware and device issues
- Using System Restore
- Securing user accounts
- Resolving networking issues
- Managing files and disks
- Troubleshooting sharing and file access issues
- Resolving app compatibility
- System resource issues: RAM, CPU, and more
- Essential Windows 10 maintenance
- Windows 10 startup issues
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing Enterprise Desktop Support
2. Remotely Troubleshooting Windows 10
3. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Hardware
4. Troubleshooting Users, Network, Disks, and Resources
5. Exploring App Compatibility Problems
6. Exploring System Resource Issues
7. Keeping Windows 10 Running: Essential Maintenance
8. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Startup Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.