Explore some reasons why Local Group Policies would cause problems and learn how to locate and resolve them.
- [Instructor] Group policies let you apply rules … to groups of users and computers … so that you don't have to manage them all separately. … There are thousands of options and settings, … with perhaps millions of total configurations. … If you don't plan well, … takeover someone else's network, … or simply apply too many policies though, … they will likely start to overlap … and even contradict each other. … Once problems occur, it's difficult to pin down … where the issue started. … One place to begin the trouble shooting process … is to open the local group policy editor … and take a look around. … You can do that by typing gpedit.msc at the search window … and clicking it in the results. … I've set up a troubleshooting example. … Let's go through it. … Let's say a user says they can't save files to OneDrive, … and you've ruled out the most likely causes. … So now you need to check to see if any policies … have been applied in the OneDrive area … for the Computer Configuration. … If policies have been applied, the user might not be able …
- Choosing an upgrade or new installation
- Choosing a Windows 10 edition
- Creating installation media
- Installing and upgrading Windows 10
- Troubleshooting group policies on devices
- Configuring and managing device drivers
- Configuring the desktop
- Configuring notifications
- Configuring Cortana and Hyper-V
- Using Active Directory-based activation
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10: Configure and Support Core Serviceswith Joli Ballew2h 56m Intermediate
Windows 10: Manage and Maintain Windows 10with Joli Ballew2h 29m Intermediate
Setting up Windows1m 28s
1. Prepare for Installation
2. Perform the Installation
3. Configure Devices by Using Local Policies
4. Configure and Manage Device Drivers
5. Perform Post Installation Tasks
6. Explore Enterprise Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.