Learn various techniques for troubleshooting external drive problems.
- [Instructor] Continuing my review…of troubleshooting external drive issues…from the previous movie,…let me now show you how to reinstall and update…USB device drivers.…Reinstalling or updating USB drivers…is a pretty straightforward method…to fix most USB related problems.…To do this, Microsoft recommends…that you boot your PC into safe mode…and then use the device manager.…So to get into Windows safe mode,…log into the Windows 10 computer with any admin account.…
Once on the desktop screen like you have here,…press the Windows key and the R key…simultaneously on the keyboard.…Type in msconfig and press enter.…That'll bring up the system configuration screen.…Here on the boot tab.…Select that and choose, under boot options,…safe boot, minimal and click okay.…Windows is warning you that you may need…to restart your computer to apply these changes.…Before restarting, make sure to save any open files…and close all other programs.…
And let's go ahead and click restart.…And once you are in safe mode,…you're going to open the device manager.…
- Enabling disk write caching
- Creating spanned and striped volumes
- Configuring Storage Spaces
- Configuring OneDrive
- Enabling USB drives
- Clearing caches
- Fixing drives
- Troubleshooting OneDrive
- Encrypting files with EFS
- Encrypting volumes and drives with BitLocker
- Configuring share permissions
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Storage
2. Troubleshoot Storage Issues
3. Configure Encryption
4. Configure Share Permissions
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.