Learn various techniques for troubleshooting external drive problems.
- View Offline
- [Instructor] In an ideal world, External USB Drives…should be easy to use:…Connect your drive to Windows…and it shows up in the File Explorer…and is ready to use.…Unfortunately, this is not always the case.…Some people are reporting problems with using USB Drives…with Windows 10, some can't use any external USB Drives…on their PCs' or laptops' ports.…Others are reporting that Windows 10…doesn't recognize the device when rebooting the system…with an External USB Drive attached.…If you connect a drive to your system…and Windows does not recognize it,…several issues could be causing the problem, including:…Partition issues on your external drive,…Using the wrong file system,…Dead USB ports,…USB driver issues,…a Dead drive,…or other problems.…
So, in this movie let me review…some troubleshooting and fix-it techniques…you can use to get your external drives working.…The steps I cover here will be the same…for both USB flash drives and larger external hard drives…which pretty much work the same way.…Fist thing you want to check…
- Enabling disk write caching
- Creating spanned and striped volumes
- Configuring Storage Spaces
- Configuring OneDrive
- Enabling USB drives
- Clearing caches
- Fixing drives
- Troubleshooting OneDrive
- Encrypting files with EFS
- Encrypting volumes and drives with BitLocker
- Configuring share permissions
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Storage
2. Troubleshoot Storage Issues
3. Configure Encryption
4. Configure Share Permissions
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.