Learn the most common problems associated with accessing data. Problems can occur when users try to access data over a network, and also when they are sitting at the machine locally. Learn how to respond to Access Denied error messages related to share and NTFS permission restrictions. Use the icacls command to reset file and folder permissions.
- [Instructor] You can use both Share and NTFS permissions…to protect resources.…These resources are often folders that contain data,…such as word documents, presentations and photos.…But they may also be printers, backup drives,…and other hardware.…There are options for sharing resources…in File Explorer.…I've opened to a couple of folders I've already created…called Share2 and Share1.…When all goes well, users can access Shared Resources…without any problems.…
They simply double-click the folder.…But on occasion, users get Access Denied messages.…Here's an example of such a message.…When this error appears,…its likely culprit is often conflicting…in contradictory permissions,…often assigned to the groups the user is a member of.…Thus, it's important to understand…what happens when multiple permissions exist.…I touched on this in a previous movie,…but I'd like to look at it a little closer now.…When you configure multiple Allow permissions…for a user, those permissions are cumulative.…
This means, if you assign a user named Jennifer…
This course maps to the domain of Exam 70-698, Installing and Configuring Windows 10, a required exam for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA).
- Configuring and supporting network settings
- Connecting to a network and configuring network locations
- Using Windows Firewall
- Managing partitions with Disk Management
- Managing storage with PowerShell
- Creating and configuring a VHD
- Creating and configuring homegroups and folder shares
- Configuring desktop apps and startup options
- Creating and deploying provisioning packages
- Using Remote Management tools
- Configuring Remote Assistance and Remote Desktop
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Networking
2. Configure Storage
3. Configure Data Access and Usage
Troubleshoot data access5m 59s
4. Implement Apps
5. Configure Remote Management
What's next?1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.