Troubleshoot Windows Update when updates fail to install or create problems. Explore the Windows Update Troubleshooter feature.
- [Lecturer] So you're working…as part of a Help Desk Support team…and you get a call from a user…saying that their computer won't process…any Windows 10 updates.…What do you need to do to find the cause…and then fix the issue?…First you can verify the issue by checking for updates…and then viewing the update history…to see when the last update was installed.…Obviously, if this was within the last few days…there's probably not a problem.…However, if this was over a month ago…then it's certainly worth invoking…your troubleshooting skills.…
You can use the Windows Update Troubleshooter…to check to see if the Windows Update service is running.…You can check to see if the folder cache is present…and if everything looks in order.…If there's still a problem,…you can use the Advanced settings of the Troubleshooter…to have Windows apply repairs automatically…as an Administrator.…The tool will perform three actions:…first, it will shut down the Windows Update service,…which frees up access to the update folder;…it then renames the software distribution folder;…
- Enterprise desktop support skills and traits
- Remote troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting hardware and device issues
- Using System Restore
- Securing user accounts
- Resolving networking issues
- Managing files and disks
- Troubleshooting sharing and file access issues
- Resolving app compatibility
- System resource issues: RAM, CPU, and more
- Essential Windows 10 maintenance
- Windows 10 startup issues
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing Enterprise Desktop Support
2. Remotely Troubleshooting Windows 10
3. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Hardware
4. Troubleshooting Users, Network, Disks, and Resources
5. Exploring App Compatibility Problems
6. Exploring System Resource Issues
7. Keeping Windows 10 Running: Essential Maintenance
8. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Startup Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.