Do people rely on you to diagnose and fix their computer issues? Let this course help you to help them. Learn how to troubleshoot a range of hardware, software, and network issues.
- Hello, I'm Dan Gookin. Welcome to Troubleshoot Common PC Issues. This course provides you with knowledge about your computer, specifically, what can go wrong and how to address it. And if you've been using a PC for any length of time, you know that things can and do go wrong. Often more frequently than you like. The good news is that many computer problems can be quickly and easily addressed. Even when you don't know a lot about computer hardware or software. This course presents a philosophical approach to hunting down PC problems and providing practical solutions.
I'm not going to list everything, because with all the combinations of hardware and software, the potential for things to go wrong is just too vast to list them all. Therefore, my approach is to describe how things work and which tools you can use to help resolve issues. As you'll discover, Windows is bursting with helpful utilities, some of which you probably know about and others that will surprise you. My goal is to help you become more computer savvy and to understand why things go wrong and how to address the problem in a straightforward, non-frustrating manner.
That's correct, on your own, you can troubleshoot your own computer, fix problems, and return to do whatever marvelous thing it is that you do with your PC. Now together, let's troubleshoot common PC issues.
- Diagnosing the causes of PC issues
- Troubleshooting hardware and software
- Performing startup and system restore steps
- Accessing the Task Manager
- Using the Registry Editor
- Fixing Windows
- Checking and freeing storage
- Fixing common printer issues
- Troubleshooting audio
- Restoring network connectivity
Skill Level Beginner
What you should know1m 3s
1. PC Trouble
2. Startup and Shutdown Issues
3. Problems and Solutions: Windows
4. Problems and Solutions: Mass Storage
5. Problems and Solutions: Printer
6. Problems and Solutions: Monitors and Graphics
Troubleshooting the monitor3m 54s
7. Problems and Solutions: Peripherals
8. Problems and Solutions: Networking
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.