Learn about troubleshooting BitLocker encryption issues.
- [Narrator] BitLocker is an important tool…for anyone who works in environments with sensitive data,…or for people who work with information…that they travel with.…Problems can occur…with any kind of encryption, including Bitlocker.…So let me review some troubleshooting techniques…here in this movie.…The most common problem with BitLocker are recover keys…that are not properly archived.…Without that key,…all data is lost in the event of a failure.…Simply put, if you don't have your recovery key,…your only recourse is to reformat your drive…and lose all your data.…
Now if your computer is a member of Active Directory,…archiving the key is straightforward.…If your computer is not part of A.D.,…then you will need take some additional steps.…First, I use a dedicated thumb drive…to store my recovery keys,…but also keep a printed copy…of the 48-character key just in case I lose either one.…Also, make sure you create a thorough backup…before starting the encryption process.…Now by design making changes to the hard drive…
- Enabling disk write caching
- Creating spanned and striped volumes
- Configuring Storage Spaces
- Configuring OneDrive
- Enabling USB drives
- Clearing caches
- Fixing drives
- Troubleshooting OneDrive
- Encrypting files with EFS
- Encrypting volumes and drives with BitLocker
- Configuring share permissions
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Storage
2. Troubleshoot Storage Issues
3. Configure Encryption
4. Configure Share Permissions
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.