Your taskbar is highly customizable and knowing how to make changes to meet your needs and preferences will make your computing life more productive and enjoyable. You will learn how to change the properties of the taskbar, including creating and editing shortcuts, icon combination options,taskbar location, size, and autohiding.
- [Narrator] In this video, we're going to discuss…the taskbar and ways you can customize icon display,…location, size, and visibility.…The taskbar can be found at the bottom of your screen.…The taskbar has many purposes, it hosts your start menu,…shortcuts to programs, it shows you what programs…and files are open, and more.…By default, Windows will show our task bar at the bottom…of the screen, and our icons a certain size.…Additionally, Windows combines the open programs…and it's open files in one icon, forcing you to…move your mouse over the icon to see all the open files.…
For example, with Notepad, I have one icon,…I move my mouse over it, and I can see all…the open files below.…I'm going to change that.…Let's say we want to change some of these other things,…and customize it to our liking.…Let's go ahead and right click on an empty space…on the taskbar, and choose Properties from the menu.…We're now taken to a dialogue box…for our taskbar and start menu properties.…You will see several helpful options for customizing…
Technology trainer David Casuto explains basic Windows conventions, and explores how to best resize and manage windows, change the way your mouse behaves, and customize the desktop, including the taskbar and Start menu. Need help finding files and applications? Learn how to search more effectively using the File Explorer and Cortana, Microsoft's digital assistant. If you have visual or audio impairments, Window's accessibility features are a great tool. Learn how to use the Ease of Access options (like the Magnifier and closed captioning) to make Windows more user friendly. Last but not least, David shows how to save time with some helpful keyboard shortcuts. Windows is a powerful platform; with these tips, you'll find it even easier to use.
- Personalizing your desktop
- Managing windows
- Changing mouse properties
- Searching for files, folders, and apps
- Using the File Explorer
- Using accessibility features
- Using keyboard shortcuts