Go behind the scenes and learn how to customize the contents of your notification area. This will give you quicker access to the things you need to make you more efficient. You will learn how to access your computer's Setting menu to customize the notification icons as well as create document folder shortcuts on the taskbar.
- [Narrator] In this movie we are going…to cover how to add and access application shortcuts…to your task bar, customize the notification area…and add a folder shortcut to our task bar.…Let's say I want to add PowerPoint…to my task bar for quicker access.…To do so I can simply go to my start menu…and right click on the icon that I want to add.…In this case, it's PowerPoint and simply choose…pin to task bar, and notice it appears down below.…Note that you can also go to the all apps menu…and do the same.…
Once it appears in my task bar I can…drag it wherever I like.…Know that you can also right click…on the icon and just simply say unpin this…program from task bar.…Let's say I would like to have quicker access…to a file folder from my task bar…without having to go into my file manager.…Windows allows you to create a shortcut…to a folder directly from your task bar.…First let's go ahead and right click…on an empty space in our task bar…and choose toolbars and then new toolbar.…From here I'm going to go ahead…and choose the folder I would like to add,…
Technology trainer David Casuto explains basic Windows conventions, and explores how to best resize and manage windows, change the way your mouse behaves, and customize the desktop, including the taskbar and Start menu. Need help finding files and applications? Learn how to search more effectively using the File Explorer and Cortana, Microsoft's digital assistant. If you have visual or audio impairments, Window's accessibility features are a great tool. Learn how to use the Ease of Access options (like the Magnifier and closed captioning) to make Windows more user friendly. Last but not least, David shows how to save time with some helpful keyboard shortcuts. Windows is a powerful platform; with these tips, you'll find it even easier to use.
- Personalizing your desktop
- Managing windows
- Changing mouse properties
- Searching for files, folders, and apps
- Using the File Explorer
- Using accessibility features
- Using keyboard shortcuts