Review built-in scheduled tasks, autostarting applications, and explore the Sysinternals Autoruns tool.
- [Narrator] Working in the IT support team,…you will have many tasks to perform.…Some will be time specific, and may need…to be undertaken out of office hours,…for example, when users are not using the system.…To help you manage and perform essential maintenance tasks,…you can use the task scheduler tool.…This allows you to schedule tasks…to run on local device.…Within the task scheduler, you can set up criteria,…which when met, will trigger a task…or action to be performed.…Examples of triggers include a certain day,…or time, specific events, such as on bootup,…or when a user logs in.…
The Task Scheduler Library also contains…many built-in tasks that Windows will perform.…Let's drop onto our demo PC and take…a quick look at how Windows 10 uses the Task Scheduler…to perform regular maintenance tasks.…Let's launch the tool.…I'll click Start, then type Schedule.…And then select Task Scheduler.…The tool opens, and first of all, let's have a quick…look in the Task Scheduler library.…
On the left hand side, I'll expand…
- Enterprise desktop support skills and traits
- Remote troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting hardware and device issues
- Using System Restore
- Securing user accounts
- Resolving networking issues
- Managing files and disks
- Troubleshooting sharing and file access issues
- Resolving app compatibility
- System resource issues: RAM, CPU, and more
- Essential Windows 10 maintenance
- Windows 10 startup issues
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing Enterprise Desktop Support
2. Remotely Troubleshooting Windows 10
3. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Hardware
4. Troubleshooting Users, Network, Disks, and Resources
5. Exploring App Compatibility Problems
6. Exploring System Resource Issues
7. Keeping Windows 10 Running: Essential Maintenance
8. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Startup Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.