Review System Resource bottlenecks, such as RAM, processes, HDD, and network.
- [Instructor] When apps are running on a device,…they can become dependent…on the available resources on the PC.…For example, if you have dozens…of programs running on your PC,…or have lots of browser tabs open,…it may start to run low on RAM.…And this could slow down the responsiveness of the computer.…Ideally, Windows 10 should keep…everything working in balance.…But from time to time,…you'll get a call…and the helpdesk support technician will need…to resolve the problems associated with RAM,…processors, hard disk drives, network, and even disk use.…
Let's take a look.…So that you can understand the issues,…we'll consider the various system resources…that Windows 10 controls and assigns.…System resources include memory,…for example RAM, processor resources, such as the CPU.…And other devices, such as the hard disk drive,…and network resources.…Let's consider memory, or RAM.…When an application or service starts,…Windows 10 allocates system resources,…such as memory and CPU in order for…that program to be able to work.…
- Enterprise desktop support skills and traits
- Remote troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting hardware and device issues
- Using System Restore
- Securing user accounts
- Resolving networking issues
- Managing files and disks
- Troubleshooting sharing and file access issues
- Resolving app compatibility
- System resource issues: RAM, CPU, and more
- Essential Windows 10 maintenance
- Windows 10 startup issues
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing Enterprise Desktop Support
2. Remotely Troubleshooting Windows 10
3. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Hardware
4. Troubleshooting Users, Network, Disks, and Resources
5. Exploring App Compatibility Problems
6. Exploring System Resource Issues
7. Keeping Windows 10 Running: Essential Maintenance
8. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Startup Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.