Hyper-V has some very particular needs, in order to be successfully installed. Some of them involve hardware. I'll take you through those needs in this movie.
- [Voiceover] Hyper-V on Windows 10 only works…under a very specific set of hardware and operating…system configurations.…So in this video I discuss the software and hardware…requirements of Hyper-V,…and show you how to quickly figure out…if your current system can host Hyper-V virtual machines.…The Hyper-V role can be enabled on these versions…of Windows 10.…Windows 10 enterprise, professional, or education.…It does not work with Windows 10 Home,…Windows 10 mobile, or Windows 10 Mobile enterprise.…
In terms of the host system requirements,…Hyper-V requires a 64-bit processor, that has second level…address translation, also referred to as SLAT.…SLAT is a feature present in the current…generation of 64-bit processors, by both Intel and AMD.…It also requires CPU support for VM Monitor mode extension.…This will be VT-C on Intel CPUs.…You'll also need a 64-bit version of Windows 8 or greater,…as well as 4 gigabytes of RAM.…
Hyper-Vs dynamic memory allows memory needed by the VM…to be allocated and de-allocated dynamically.…
Note: This course maps to the "Manage apps" domain of the Configure Windows Devices exam 70-697.
- Deploying via Azure RemoteApp
- Setting up cloud, cloud + VNet and hybrid collections
- Publishing RemoteApp apps
- Understanding real-world uses for RemoteApp
- Deploying and managing mobile apps with Intune
- Deploying virtual machines with Hyper-V
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Deploy and Manage Azure RemoteApp
2. Real-World Applications for RemoteApp
Next Steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.