Witness a review of System Protection and enabling automatic restore points.
- So let's take a scenario where you've discovered an issue,…you've troubleshooted the problem using the available…diagnostic tools, and even tried to fix the issue…using safe mode, but all have failed.…The system still remains unstable.…One of the options that in my mind is an unsung hero…is to use a system restore tool.…A system restore checkpoint can be used…to rollback the whole system to a point in the past,…before the problems have occurred.…
For example, if you suffered a malware attack…and you can't boot Windows properly,…it may be possible to go to a restore point…such as yesterday when the device…was uninfected and working fine.…Before we can use a system restore feature,…we first need to enable the feature,…since it is off by default.…We'll look at using the system protection,…automatic restore points, creating manual restore points,…and finally look at how to use system restore…to rollback a whole system.…
In order to use system restore,…we must first turn on system protection.…This feature will then create and save…
- Enterprise desktop support skills and traits
- Remote troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting hardware and device issues
- Using System Restore
- Securing user accounts
- Resolving networking issues
- Managing files and disks
- Troubleshooting sharing and file access issues
- Resolving app compatibility
- System resource issues: RAM, CPU, and more
- Essential Windows 10 maintenance
- Windows 10 startup issues
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing Enterprise Desktop Support
2. Remotely Troubleshooting Windows 10
3. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Hardware
4. Troubleshooting Users, Network, Disks, and Resources
5. Exploring App Compatibility Problems
6. Exploring System Resource Issues
7. Keeping Windows 10 Running: Essential Maintenance
8. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Startup Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.