Learn how to use Sysprep to generalize a Windows 10 PC.
- [Narrator] Now that we've prepared…the Windows 10 PC, we can begin running Sysprep.…In this video, I'll show you how.…So the next thing that I'm going to do…is open the Windows System Image Manager.…So I'm going to click on the Start button…and I'm going to click on Windows System Image Manager,…and that's going to open up…the Windows System Image Manager tool,…which you can see right here.…Now what we need to do with this tool…is to create an answer file for Sysprep .…So to do that I'm going to go to File…and then choose New Answer File,…and when I do that I get a message saying that,…Editing an answer file without opening a Windows image…will result in limited functionality.…
And then it goes on to ask me if I want to…open a Windows image now?…Well yes I do because this isn't going to…work right without an image file.…So I'll click Yes…and you can see that I'm taken to a folder called Sources.…Now Sources doesn't exist by default.…This is a folder that I created on the system's hard disk…and I placed a Windows Installation image in that folder.…
This hands-on, practical course covers the skills necessary for a system admin to plan deployments in Windows 10—and prepare for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of Microsoft Certification exam 70-697. Brien Posey shows how to perform a migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10, enable and configure Hyper-V, configure mobility options, and work with power plans. Plus, he explains how to encrypt a drive using BitLocker.
Review the learning objectives for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of exam 70-697 at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-697.aspx.
- Migrating and configuring user data
- Collecting files and settings from a source computer
- Restoring files to a destination computer
- Configuring Hyper-V
- Creating and managing a virtual switch
- Modifying a virtual machine
- Configuring mobility options
- Working with the Windows Mobility Center
- Configuring security for mobile devices
- Encrypting a drive
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10: Intune Device Managementwith Ryan Spence1h 39m Intermediate
1. Migrate and Configure User Data
2. Configuring Hyper-V
3. Configure Mobility Options
4. Configure Security for Mobile Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.