This video provides an overview of Storage Spaces in Windows 10.
- [Voiceover] In this movie,…I introduce Windows Storage spaces.…Storage Spaces were introduced in Windows 8,…but are also included in Windows 10.…It lets you take multiple disks…of different sizes and interfaces,…such as USB, SATA, SCSI, iSCSI, or even SAS,…and combine them as a single giant disk,…dubbed your storage pool.…Storage Spaces are technically virtual drives…that appear in file explorer as normal local storage,…similar to a raid, array,…or a logical volume manager on Linux.…
Now, if all you want to do is combine two or more…physical drives into one logical drive,…you can do this using spanned or striped volumes,…which I covered in the previous movie.…But using Storage Spaces requires one or more drives…in addition to the drive where you have Windows installed.…You can divide that pool into spaces with names…like video tutorials or James's spreadsheets,…that function like a traditional format Windows directory,…but that can mirror data across multiple drives…for redundancy, or you can combine multiple physical drives…
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the Microsoft exam 70-697: Configuring Windows Devices.
- Enabling disk write caching
- Creating spanned and striped volumes
- Configuring Storage Spaces
- Configuring OneDrive
- Enabling USB drives
- Clearing caches
- Fixing drives
- Troubleshooting OneDrive
- Encrypting files with EFS
- Encrypting volumes and drives with BitLocker
- Configuring share permissions
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Storage
2. Troubleshoot Storage Issues
3. Configure Encryption
4. Configure Share Permissions
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.