The upgrade installation process for Windows 10 is very straight forward and relatively quick. In this movie, you will know how to get the installation process underway from a USB drive, and you will know about some of the setup steps and prompts, such as Express Settings, to get you using Windows 10 quickly.
- [Voiceover] So you purchased Windows 10.…Maybe you downloaded the digital copy…or purchased the USB Media.…Either way, it's time to start the installation process.…Now, the installation process is very straightforward.…You're prompted for some pieces of information…like your language of choice, your account,…don't forget you should have a Microsoft account…already set up and you'll be able…to punch those credentials in…during the installation process,…so you'll be connected at the end.…There are a couple of things though I want…to talk about before doing the installation.…
Let's say you do have the USB,…you'll plug it into your computer,…click your start button and go to My Computer…to find it.…There's mine right there…and double clicking it opens it up,…you'll see some sub folders and two important files.…There is a Setup file, which is a program,…double clicking this will begin the installation process…on your computer.…If you want to it to another computer…and plug the USB stick into a drive that's made bootable,…
Note: Windows 10 is not a free upgrade for XP users. You will need to purchase Windows 10 before proceeding with the migration.
- Getting a Microsoft account
- Backing up files on Windows XP
- Upgrading to Windows 10
- Customizing Windows 10 settings
- Restoring files and folders