Join Matt Hester for an in-depth discussion in this video Starting the Windows 10 upgrade, part of Learning Windows 10 Deployment for Small Businesses.
- Now what if you actually have Windows 8.1…on your system like I have here,…I actually have version Windows 8.1,…but I didn't reserve my copy…or maybe you didn't reserve your copies of Windows 10…and it doesn't show up in your system bar,…which would normally be in the lower right-hand corner…of my screen?…What do you do now?…How do you actually upgrade to Windows 10?…Well, depending on what version you have…and your license that you currently have,…you might find it in your Windows Update folder.…Notice how if I look at my update though,…it's currently not there,…so you may not actually have the update on the system,…or it may not be available to you…depending on what you have licensed.…
So then, how do you upgrade to your free copy…of Windows 10?…It's actually quite easy to do,…and we're going to go ahead and start the process,…but I'm going to show you where we need to go.…So, I'm going to go ahead and close this down,…and I want to move over to the web,…and you need to go to the Windows 10 upgrade website.…
- Name the two versions of Windows 10 that are available when upgrading.
- Explain how to roll back to a previous version of Windows.
- Recall the location of the recovery partition.
- Identify three recovery tool options available in Windows 10.
- Recognize the functions of Windows deployment services.