Another great way to have user input is to use speech recognition. In this lesson, learn how to get voice in your app.
- [Instructor] So now we have our ball…that we can drop to the floor.…Well actually it doesn't drop to the floor,…it just keeps on dropping…because we haven't done anything to stop it yet.…Let's implement that one.…Now we could use another gesture, of course.…But why not use voice commands?…Just going to implement the code…that intercepts the voice command "stop"…and it will just stop falling…and will shift everything to the place it was.…Let's do that.…Open our interaction helper script…and we're going to add something to the start method.…Now we already had the gesture recognizer,…it's time to add another recognizer,…which is going to be the keyword recognizer.…
We do it like this.…Keyword recognizer, keyword recognizer…(typing)…is new, keyword recognizer.…I'm going to move this to a new line.…This looks very similar to the code we had before,…but there are tiny differences.…For instance, in a constructor,…we need to specify which keywords it's going to recognize.…It's going to be in the rare strings.…So we're going to specify like this:…
Join instructors Dennis Vroegop and James Ashley for this introduction for HoloLens app development. They show you how to set up your development environment, including Unity and the HoloToolkit; how to deploy to HoloLens and the HoloLens emulator; and how to build apps that accept user input via gazes, tapping, and speech. Then discover how to use spatial mapping to detect your surroundings and analyze your environment with spatial understanding. Learn how to implement spatial sound that adds to the user's existing environment, and synchronize data to create shared experiences. Along the way, learn how it all comes together in two simple 3D apps: a visualization for enterprise business and a platform game.
- Installing Unity, Visual Studio, and the HoloToolkit
- Building an app in Unity
- Deploying to HoloLens or the HoloLens emulator
- Gaze and tapping
- Spatial mapping and spatial understanding
- Spatial sound
- Shared holograms
- Creating 3D enterprise apps
- Creating 3D games
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Set Up Your Development Environment
Download the HoloToolkit2m 32s
2. Basic Configuration and Deployment
3. Basic Interaction
4. Use HoloToolKit
5. Spatial Sound
6. Shared Experiences
7. Games and Enterprise Applications on the HoloLens
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.