Join Dan Gookin for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Building a library, part of Windows 10: Organizing Files and Folders.
- [Instructor] For my solution to this challenge,…I first create a Correspondence Library.…Start by navigating to the Libraries folder.…Right-click and choose New, Library.…Name the Library Correspondence or Letters.…With a new Library created,…click the Library Tools Manage tab on the ribbon,…and then click the Manage Library button.…Now you need to hunt down folders to add to the Library.…
I'm gonna go to our Exercise folders.…And in Cookbook Ideas,…there's Publisher Queries.…And there's also…the main Letters folder.…And in Plan A in Secret Plans, there's Correspondence also.…In the Work folder, there's Correspondence.…
Include that folder.…And in Killer App, Letters.…So that's all the ones I could find, five.…So I'll click OK, and I'm done.…Now, remember, you can always add more folders later.…So if you skipped one or missed one in your solution,…feel free to add it as a bonus punishment…for not completing the task properly the first time.…To confirm that the Library holds the items you want,…open it.…Inside the Library I see the folders that I added,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recall which tab to select to see additional details about files and folders.
- Determine the hierarchy of folders.
- Explain how to create a shortcut on your desktop.
- Summarize the steps taken to add files from a folder to the Documents library.
- Recognize the benefits of file compression.
- List three common storage device formats.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understand File Basics
2. Organize Projects
3. Control Mass Storage
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.