Shutting down and restarting a computer are very simple commands, but are quite valuable. This video talks about what happens when you shut down and restart, and looks at the controls for shutting down and restarting a Windows 10 computer.
- [Narrator] With any computer,…it's important to be able to shut down and restart.…But, you don't need to shut down your computer…every time you finish using it.…Sometimes the sleep mode is all you need.…So, to start with, I want to go into the start menu.…So, I'll click the start button here.…I want to go to this button in the bottom left corner.…If I click on that, it opens up this menu.…And, this gives you the options for sleep,…shutting down the computer, and restarting the computer.…If you shut down the computer,…it will turn the computer off completely.…Just be aware that you should close any applications…that you are running before doing this,…or they may cancel the shutdown process.…
So, all we need to do is click on this,…and after a few moments…the computer will be completely shut down.…After shutting down the computer,…to use the computer again,…you'll just need to press the power button…and wait for the computer to start up.…Depending on your computer,…it will take some time to start up again.…So, I'm just going to jump forward ahead in time.…
- Launching applications
- Interacting with windows, menus, and ribbons
- Multitasking to switch between multiple applications
- Switching to tablet mode
- Managing files and folders with the File Explorer
- Browsing the web with Edge
- Working with email, contacts, and calendars
- Using and installing apps
- Managing display and account settings
- Backing up Windows 10
- Troubleshooting Windows 10
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding essential folder structure, including the user folder; using shortcuts to files and folders; and creating 3D objects in Paint 3D.
1. Getting Started
2. Launching and Managing Applications
3. File Explorer: The Windows Filing Cabinet
4. Browsing the Web with Edge
5. Working with Mail, People, and Calendars
6. Using the Other Bundled Apps
7. Installing Apps and Printers
8. Essential Settings and Customization
9. Account Settings
Sign-in security options4m 3s
10. Using Cortana to Search
11. Backing Up and Restoring
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.