Adjusting sleep and screen saver settings allows you to determine what happens when you leave your computer unattended. You can set a specific amount of time until the sleep mode or screen saver turns on. You can also decide whether a password login is required when you wake your computer up from sleep or deactivate the screen saver.
- [Instructor] What happens when you leave your…computer on and unattended?…You may not want your computer to stay on,…accessible to anybody who might walk by,…and using up electricity.…So, let's talk about the automatic…sleep timer and the screen saver.…And I'm going to start with sleep.…I want to go into settings.…Then I want to go to the system category,…then to power, and sleep.…So, sleep is an alternative to shutting down the computer.…If you use a laptop computer,…it will automatically go into sleep mode…when you close the lid.…
Rather than turning the computer off entirely,…the sleep mode just uses a very small…amount of electricity to keep your…current activity and memory,…while shutting down most components of your computer.…So, when you're ready to use a computer again,…you can wake it up and…get to work much more quickly.…So you might want to set up your computer to…automatically go into sleep mode…when you leave it unattended.…Now, your settings might look a little different…if you're using a laptop computer.…
- Launching applications
- Interacting with windows, menus, and ribbons
- Multitasking to switch between multiple applications
- Switching to tablet mode
- Managing files and folders with the File Explorer
- Browsing the web with Edge
- Working with email, contacts, and calendars
- Using and installing apps
- Managing display and account settings
- Backing up Windows 10
- Troubleshooting Windows 10
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Launching and Managing Applications
3. File Explorer: The Windows Filing Cabinet
4. Browsing the Web with Edge
5. Working with Mail, People, and Calendars
6. Using the Other Bundled Apps
7. Installing Apps and Printers
8. Essential Settings and Customization
9. Account Settings
Sign-in security options4m 3s
10. Using Cortana to Search
11. Backing Up and Restoring
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.